Wednesday 17 February 2010

Working for Abbey Wood.


Wow, where do I begin? Abbey Wood is a beautiful little hub full of smiling children who were keen to stop me in my tracks whilst I was delivering my literature. The playful voice of a young girl greeting me from her window reminded me why I chose to stand as a local Conservative Councillor for this ward.

Today has been very fulfilling. I have had the opportunity to converse with a number of residence living in both private and social housing who were more than happy to talk about their likes and dislikes of Abbey Wood. One point that resonated with me was their discomfort with anti social behavior. Some of the older residents felt particularly vulnerable going to the shops due due to the fact they where often surrounded by young men and women behaving erratically. I have always had a deep sense of respect and more recently sympathy for our older generation, because lets be honest the last 50 years has not been easy on them; from the WWII to the swinging sixties and now technology has took the world by storm. As a result I believe it's extremely important we treat the older generation with the utmost respect and dignity. During my campaign I have made this point very clear to Colin Bloom - MP candidate for Erith and Thamesmead -
Gosh I'm enjoying this, and I'm looking forward to hitting the streets again soon.

All the best
Petrina Sargent
Local Councillor Candidate for Abbey Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment