Thursday 18 February 2010

A place to rest your head, and awake to the sound of birds.


"Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to The Abbey Wood Caravan Club?" Asks a German man rather anxiously behind the wheel of his mobile Caravan. My Uncle whom I was with at the time enthusiastically responds "Sure follow my car, and I'll lead you to your destination."


There is something quite fulfilling in aiding someone to find a place to rest their weary head, and even better if that place happens to be The Abbey Wood Caravan Club. I often pass it on my rounds and like to peer behind the big gates into the deep open woodland filled with caravans nestled together.


People from all over come to stay here mainly because Abbey Wood train station is a two minute walk from the Caravan Club and one can get to Central London within 25 minutes on the South Eastern Train; Lesnes Abbey isn't at all far either. Yet my favorite is neither, I think it's a great place to wake up because Bostall woods surrounds the Club and the sounds of the birds are sweet enough to put someone straight back to sleep.


Is it too obvious I'm enjoying standing for Abbey Wood?

No comments:

Post a Comment